View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 02:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Just following up on this thread. I purchased 2 brass cores from Classic Industries and sent them to a friend’s shop to install them along with a few other parts. When they opened the boxes, Classic had sent aluminum cores that looked nothing like the one that was in the car. Unfortunately, they had already installed the core before they sent the first pic below, so I asked them to remove it and put in another or fix the original. Anyway, it appeared that the original core was not leaking and the mechanic thought it was a tiny crack in the hose that was causing the leak. So, we put the old core back in and they changed the hoses. After about 25 miles, it’s leaking again, so I bought another core and new correctly marked hoses (they were out of stock during the last repair).

This time I got the core from Camaro central. It is brass and 2 inches thick rather than 3 inches like many of the current repops. I also got new clips and tower clamps. While the car is at the shop we are going to replace the repop spiral shocks and rear axle cover gasket. The car should be ready to go for the next driving season!
Attached Images

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy

Last edited by Zedder; 10-31-2021 at 02:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zedder For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (10-31-2021)