View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Does someone here own this Camaro promo item?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamaroNOS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That vintage info and pics are &quot;way too cool&quot;.

I thought up till now Chrysler was the only psychedelic car manufacturer/customizer in the late sixties.
</div></div>

Well, Chrysler was not the first company to use bright colors - Chevrolet had Rallye Green and Pontiac had Carnival Red as an extra-cost color for 1968. And we probably could start a debate on what is &quot;Mod&quot; and what is &quot;Psychedelic&quot; but I don't necessarily consider paisley or houndstooth psychedelic. Decals that say &quot;The Judge&quot;? Those are psychedelic to my eyes, as if they've been copped from a Fillmore West poster. Old Plymouth illustrations where the car is distorted also strike me as psychedelic.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd characterize this item as Chevrolet's, as I think it was another company that made it for Chevrolet dealerships to sell.

Some pretty neat stuff in that Camaro link! I know I've seen it before but it's been awhile.