View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: "GTO" w/same owner for 32 yrs.

I looked at this car a few days ago, before it hit eBay, as it is only a couple of hours from home for me. I have been talking to the owner for a while about it.

It is a very cool car, but it needs everything - needs to be dipped and start from scratch unfortunately. Has a great 1980's resto, heavy, heavy gloss black everywhere and lots of incorrect stuff from the years. NOM and trans. SR block all apart. Original interior is , well, original. You couldn't save it - the picture posted makes it look great and bright red, but it is in fact faded like all the red ones did. Cracked red dash pad, ripped front seat. Original wheels are gone.

I was really tempted, but when I added what the seller wanted to what the car would need to bring back, it would have put me way upside down in the project.

FWIW, John, the seller, is a straight up guy and loves the car. He agrees the car needs a lot. Gotta admire a guy for keeping a car all those years. It is too bad the old resto is coming apart as bad as it is, if the car was left alone it would be a lot easier at this point to bring it back. Hopefully it finds a good home with somebody that can do the work themselves and make it economically feasible.

Colin