View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Unique Shelby Convertible for sale

Les
Just three points. First, the car was at the Barrett Jackson auction, not Russo Steele. I go to both and there is quite a difference. Thus, when you indicated with such certainty that you had been tracking this car for some time and you were so certain about the Russo Steele auction, I just assumed you must have had the car confused with another Shelby.

Second, I did not say that Worldwide removed parts, but that they were removed from a world-beating 66 Shelby before Worldwide took possesion. Worldwide had possesion of both my 69 Shelby and that 66 Shelby at the same time. Thus it seemed reasonable to me that folks had confused which car had parts removed.

Third, I know both the restorer and the gentleman who had my car restored. As I recall, both indicated it was the original drivetrain. This does not mean the Shelby registry is wrong. When the man purchased my car he may have found the original block sitting in the same garage. That happens. I simply don't know, nor can I explain how the VIN got on my engine in the correct spot and on a rough surface unless it is the original engine. However, I will call both tomorrow and report what I am told. I will never knowingly misrepresent a car.

Thanks for your help and guidance. Also, let me ask again, if you have any proof about parts being removed from my car, please let me know. I take such accusations very seriously, because I paid a lot for this car based on certain representations, and I expect those to be true.

Thanks again, I look forward to meetting you and seeing some of your incredible cars.
Chip Wright