Thread: possible copo
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 12:59 PM

Default Re: possible copo

Kurt S,
Too bad you weren't closer, I'd have you come look at this car. Is there anybody on this site who was actually on the assembly line who can comment on this. Unless you were there, or have documentation from the Norwood plant on actual day to day output and production, to unequivocally say "NO WAY", although you surely have plenty of data to compare, its wrong to make the assumption. If Mr. Mattison could comment on this. On one of his previous posts, he stated that a body for a "special" could be built through the Fisher body plant a few weeks prior to going down the assembly line and that supplying rears were a problem. Maybe you're right. But if a rear switch is the case, according to the previous owner, it would have been done prior to 1980 as this is the way the car was when his friend initially bought it(and owned it from 1981-1984). I asked about date coding on the radiator because it has an "F". Could this also be a June date code, and if so, could the car have gone down the line in June? Maybe someone in the 1970's stripped a June built COPO to build this car. I know it is all speculation, and it's not going to change this car one way or another, but just when you think you know the answer, a car like this changes the question.
Thanks- Chris