View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 10:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,199 Posts

I was shocked to learn that all of the body mount bushings are solid aluminum. I learned that before removing the body, so at least I wasn't surprosed.

Using a mic, they don't seem to be the same sizes. But.... most of them are corroded and swollen.

Were they all the same size or was there some procedure to determine how thick if a bushing to use at each mount? Forgive me if this is in the Assembly Manual. I have one, but it is down at the shop right now. Too lazy to go look.

Also, because the body was not built by Fischer, the Assy Manual is about four times the size of the Camaro AIM!!!!

Next question: is it simply anathema to use hard rubber bushings instead of aluminum? Seems like the aluminum would contribute to squeaks and rattles. You know, the Opel GT of the 60s and the C3 were designed by the same guy. I am shocked every time I drive them back to back how much more solid the Opel feels than the Corvette. That is sad.
Attached Images

dykstra (04-16-2024), olredalert (04-13-2024), PeteLeathersac (04-13-2024), Ryan1969Chevelle (04-13-2024), scuncio (04-13-2024), Tracker1 (04-12-2024)