View Single Post
Old 12-25-2023, 11:33 PM

Merry Christmas y'all!

Didn't get any Camaro parts this year (did get a buffer I can use on it though) but I've been slowly prepping to pull the engine. First time I've ever seen it without a hood.

A(nother) good friend of mine is coming up next week and offered to help pull it. If memory serves (and I'll obviously double check before yanking on it with the chain), I have to unbolt it from the torque converter and bellhousing, remove the starter and battery cables, remove the oil PSI sender, remove the fuel line from the pump to the tank, unbolt the headers (I may pull them out entirely and paint em white- I would coat them but you're not supposed to break in an engine with them freshly coated from what I remember. That'll be a project for another winter), motor mounts, out. Rad hoses are off, alternator wiring is off, heater hoses unhooked, and distributor and wiring for it unhooked and pulled already. I'm sure there's more but like I said I'll go over everything before pulling it.

Oh, I still have to bolt the intake back on first too lol. It's just resting on it.

I'm still holding foolish hope that I can do this *relatively* inexpensive in terms of maybe just rings and bearings and then put the real money in the cam and valve train.
Attached Images

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 12-25-2023 at 11:39 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JRC99 For This Useful Post:
169indy (12-26-2023), John (01-01-2024), L78_Nova (12-26-2023)