View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 02:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,847 Times in 1,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
Talked to Mike yesterday Bill. He just bought a new Vette (and before you ask, yes he STILL has the blue 67, I have to get it running again).The Chevelle is mostly back together, He wanted to see if I had a few parts for it. LONG road for that car, even I haven't seen it since the eighty's since it went to Gamache in 1989. I have the only existing pictures of the Chevelle, and those of Big Doug's car Mike had. Mike went partners with Doug just on that Camaro. The 67 Marrakech express was just Doug's. Doug had a sad ending, dying from complications of heart surgery fairly young. Here is a picture of the 67 in it's heyday, sent to me by Mike Mcarthy (Mike had a copy, but it was damaged). This was the era when Mike and Wayne (Mcabe) ran Provincetown autobody. A guy (who still lives in Ptown) named Kenny Gregory worked for them, and did this custom paint. He did a few cars, and he really had an artistic talent for the designs. I never saw one people didn't like. And before somebody asks, yes, those are Tubular automotive custom made headers.

----Thanks for the update. I was with Mike and Wayne at Carlisle the day they re-discovered his Chevelle. Too many beers were swallowed after that day at the swap meet just laughing about that!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (12-22-2023), dykstra (12-22-2023), Igosplut (12-23-2023), markinnaples (03-11-2024), napa68 (12-26-2023)