Thread: New Shop
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 05:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Progress

After burying and strapping the 2" flex it was time to pull wire through from box to box, 77 feet total. Rented a Green Lee Cable puller. It was broken. Drove it back 75 miles and used my own American ingenuity. Set-up a 10 foot ladder with a piece of pipe clamped to it so wires could roll over smoothly and down into the pipe. Stretched out all the wire and made sure it had no kinks. Set-up my cordless winch and backed my truck up outside and hooked it to my hitch. Tied a Butterfly knot every 15 feet or so of the pull rope and started pulling. Tore the top part of the main panel off the wall... YIKES!!! Too much at an angle. So I drilled the floor and set a lead anchor with a loop hook. So it would pull straight down instead of out. Worked great! VERY slow going as the winch crawls. I sprayed wire pulling lubricant into both ends every time I pulled 15 feet. I closed the door most of the way and wore a shield, heavy sweatshirt and gloves. This was in case the yellow 3/8ths" nylon rope broke and shot out to hit me. No remote on the winch, so you have to pull the trigger. Took a good hour to an hour and a half but I saw the wire handcuff coming through the box! Pulled it down a couple extra feet. Disconnected everything and put it all away. Wiped all the lube off the wires. Popped in a 50amp for the mini-split and a couple others. Wired it up and labeled it. Went to the new shop and set the short piece of pipe and box. Fed the wires through and wired it up. Now I can run the pig tail over to the disconnect box. Next will be to hang the mini-splits on each end of the shop and run the line sets. It's getting there.... D
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dannystarr For This Useful Post:
dykstra (12-17-2023)