View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 02:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,213 Posts

Mine does not have smog. Original engine, trans and rear. I had to put brake calipers on it. Runs and drives with a 283 in it right now. Original block is at the machine shop.
Similar condition with poor repaint in the early 80s, except NO body damage. Marginal, but mostly original interior. Been sitting since 1984.

Green / Green is not at the top of most guys' list as far as color combo. Take that into consideration. There is SOMEONE out there that craves a Green / Green LT-1, but that guy or gal is really in the minority. So, if you ever go to sell, IMHO, you will likely take a hit on price.

Mine is Maroon with black interior. No power windows. No power brakes. PS was NOT available for 1970 LT-1. I have seen a few where it was added, but you have to change the oil pan, as the extra capacity LT-1 pan interferes with the PS ram.

Mine definitely has some rust in the frame. I got a complete pristine frame with the car, which included all the control arms, steering gear, etc. (even a drive shaft) so that it is a rolling chassis. So, I will have some extra parts to sell, including a complete third member. I have all five original wheels with the original spare on one of them.

I paid $17.5k for mine with the extra rolling chassis. Needs similar work to this one. I dropped the tank right after I got it, and there is no tank sticker. Dammit.
dykstra (12-14-2023), markinnaples (12-14-2023), Oldss (12-14-2023), olredalert (12-14-2023), scuncio (12-14-2023)