View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 02:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,142 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
Hi all. I would just like to say that I have what is left of a heavily crashed ZL1 that has sat hidden away in a loft, covered with dust and bird crap for many decades. All the good bits were long ago pirated, hence I have zero intention of trying to recreate a 'silk purse out of a sow's ear'. The important part, the body number tag is still riveted on (albeit with a bit of a twist in that area, and it may take some careful work to get it straight again). I intend to restomod the remains, and it will never be put up for sale as some super desirable collector item ZL1. It is a sh-tbox that will be rebuilt with as many new panels as I can throw at it, and also some upgrades to the brakes and suspension. Engine wise, big block aftermarket aluminum blocks can be found, but it will never have a ZL1 number on it. I am still going to use an OEM front clip and not go to some full chassis type restomod. What will it be worth in the end? I do not care, it is a keeper and will be used by me as a regular driver, not locked away in a display cabinet.
If you will post pictures of the VIN tag, firewall area around the wiring bulkhead and hidden VIN on the firewall and cowl it will help verify that the car is a ZL1, and it will help the community to document the car and prevent scammers from claiming that they have it.
The Following User Says Thank You to big gear head For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (12-07-2023)