Thread: Diner Food...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 12:58 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,211 Posts

Sherri and I rarely eat out. Mainly because she is trying to control my diet after my two heart procedures this year, AND trying to avoid dementia, as my Mom (94) is almost crazy as a loon.

But, because I am dealing with so much lately with cardiac rehab AND having to put my Mom in memory care a few weeks ago (then having to empty out her house to get it ready for a renter... so we can afford the memory care), we ended up eating out a few times last week. One place was a wonderful South American cuisine place. Owner is from Peru, and is a great guy. We used to get out of there for $15 or less when we first started dating in late 2008. $52 last week. Then we went to a place where we just get the Salmon Caesar salad. $64 with tip, and all we had to drink was water.

It CAN'T be inflation. I keep hearing from the mainstream (lamestream) media that inflation is under control. Of course it is.

You guys have probably figured out I am pretty middle of the road politically, and I REALLY DON'T want this to be a political post. So, I will just say this: the first $3 trillion happened when Republicans were in control; and it was probably 10X more than what was ACTUALLY needed. For those guys saying "Thanks Joe", well, yes, the next $3 Trillion was not at all necessary. Plenty of blame to go around. You cannot indiscriminately print $6 Trillion and expect no consequences. My kids may survive this; my grandkids, I am afraid, won't.
454_Malibu (09-25-2023), Big Block Bill (09-25-2023), CanCOPO (09-25-2023), Lee Stewart (09-25-2023), olredalert (09-25-2023), Pro Stock John (09-25-2023)