View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 12:22 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,146 Times in 212 Posts

Hey everyone I know how helpful this preservation thread has been for folks like myself. With Darrell's permission I will be keeping this thread updated.

Been a little of a dry spell in the garage but I took advantage over the long weekend to finish up the rear body harness. Previously I THOUGHT I had a good replacement harness for the car but while I was busy repairing it I failed to pay attention to the fact it was a RS harness.. So my search continued for a replacement. With no original replacements out there (at least in my searches) I went to my other parts stash location and rounded up 2 other junk harnesses and managed to secure the sockets and terminals I needed to make the repairs to the original harness which had been butchered up many years ago. Now the mini project begins with repairing the old harness. You can see its pretty tired but the wiring is still good and has no bad insulation throughout the wiring and it ohm'd fine so I will use it.

Photos 700 - 703 - Of the harness before repairs.

Photos 704 - 705 - After cleaning, repairing and retaping.

Photos 706 - 707 - Continued harness repaired - Ignore the one terminal that's missing its backup light socket. Our own Bentley helped me out (which he always does. Thank you) and is sending me the one socket I need to fully complete the rear body harness.

Photos 708 - 710 - Harness installed into the clip under the dash and installed into the tail light housings.

Photos 711 - 712 - side markers
Attached Images

67 Camaro L78
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbtech For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (06-09-2023), dykstra (06-10-2023)