View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 03:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks Pete for the pics and the links. Much appreciated. I did see the instructions that Kurt posted while researching this, but needed the verification to be sure. The manual link didn't show the 28770 as you said, but the 642, 43, and 44 was there. Curious if these units would be considered the same as the 28770 in form and function. I need to read installation on both and compare.

One question needs answering though. Is the 28770 compatible with the HEI? I still have my points distributor, but currently I've been using a Dave's Small Body HEI for a decade or more, and the original factory tach, which was MIA when I bought the car, I replaced with a reproduction unit which works perfect with Dave's SB HEI.

Any thoughts there?

Thanks for the pics from OWTLAWPERFORMANCE. In the 'glove box' keeps the interior looking stock and out off view. We had a friend that had one in a 66 Nova under the dash. When we were out and about we use to "F" with him and adjust the dial back a few thousand. He never look looked at it when he got back in the car...and the fun started there. He was a good egg though. Yours looks right at home in the Biscayne next to the gauges, but the Camaro with the console gauges doesn't have the same space and I want mine seen. So, I'm looking at location ideas.

One more question, where is the box going to be installed? On the engine side of firewall or inside under the dash. The 28770 states close the coil.

Gary

Last edited by GaryC; 06-02-2023 at 03:58 PM.