View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 01:36 AM

Thanked 1,410 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet427 View Post
My dad was the 2nd owner of that car. He purchased the car in the 1973-74 range from the original owner (Larry Lowe). He bought the car on a Wednesday and blew the motor up Friday night at Keystone Raceway Park. He raced the car for years at Keystone Raceway and Peterson Memorial Dragway (Tipton, PA). The car ran 11.70s with a 427, Hurst V-Gate, and 5.13s. In the 1980s he cloned it as a Z/28 with a candy-apple green paint job. Sold it to a gentleman locally in the 80s who I believe sold it to Brian, who restored the car.

The car was a drag raced from day one until my dad sold the car. My dad says that once the car got put back on the street with a car seat (ME) in the back seat it never felt the same. So, he sold it to get into Corvettes and street rods.

Hearing the stories of that car as a kid is what caused me to fall in love with Camaros. That is my all time favorite Camaro.

The Lowe family and my dad were drag racers and not SCCA racers. The car as Fathom Green was drag raced.
When in the 80's did your dad do the Candy Green paint? Do you recall it having the SCCA sticker on it when your dad had it?
John 10:30