View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
I'm sure the full extent of the destruction won't be fully assessed for a couple more days, but there will be thousands of homes that are uninhabitable for an extended time. Unimaginable to see where they will be housed, when the entire peninsula has been so devastated.

And the destruction continues. It would have been so much better for Ian to stay inland and weaken. Now that it has gained fuel from the Atlantic, Georgia, So Carolina and areas inland from them will be hit harder and deal with storm surge as well.

We have a 3 week reservation to a VRBO on Pine Island in Feb. Pine Island was the second barrier island to take a direct hit. It was an apartment on the ground floor of a 2 level, flood zone, home. Any damage to property and updates built on the ground usually isn't covered by insurance, so we aren't expecting the flood damage to be repaired by February. I told my wife that IF they are able to recover and make it safe, we could go down and volunteer to help with lingering cleanup.

The bridge to Pine Island is down at Matlacha, haven’t seen any estimate yet of a date to have it open. With the massive amount of work to be completed it could be a year?? Obviously, accesses to Sanibel and Pine Island will be a priority and fast track, but things only go so fast.

My sister has a place that was damaged in Englewood, her insurance company told her today that repairs could be two years out.