Thread: Caveat Emptor
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 12:33 PM

Arizona has been kind of an odd duck in these scenarios. When I moved out here 15 years ago I had to take every single car to the DMV and have a vin inspection done, new and old cars. That took several days as we drove 2 cars at a time to the DMV and had to make appointments.

They were sticklers, and complained on one car I had because the vin was covered with a piece of tape. Something that was done in Ohio years before to deter a theft ring that was going on at the time. Long story but I forgot it was there. He was a real %&$^ about it, didn't want to remove the tape at first stating if the tag is even scratched he won't pass it, yada yada.

Anyway, fast forward, 5 or 6 years ago when I decide to put the 69 Z back on the road, it had been sitting and had not been tagged for almost 30 years. Went to the DMV and the car simply didn't even exist anymore. Was told after 10 years it's just purged from the system. Oddly, when I told them the vin they said, oh just give us a couple days to run that vin through the system and if it comes back clean you're good to go. They didn't even look at the car and never asked I went back a couple days later and they gave me the paperwork and said I was good to go.
They did the exact same thing when I put the 69 SCJ mustang back on the road that had sat dormant for about the same amount of time.
After being such a pain 15 years ago now they don't seem to give 2 squirts of duck poop.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (03-21-2022)