View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 08:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Tough call as each car will have its own distinct personality. Investment wise, I think the numbers 375 will trump the home-brewed Z if both are in the same condition. I’ve waited out sellers before and honestly, looking back, the thrill of getting the car bought meant more to me than the car itself and I didn’t keep them long. I’ve had three spinal fusions and I’m getting a few years under my belt and what used to take me three hours now takes three weeks, but I still hang in there; idle hands are not a good thing. I beat the livin’ snot out of my stuff and it requires constant maintenance both under the hood and under the car, but I’m not even considering giving it up.
If you can really get the 375 car with a nice driver quality respray, that might make more sense as you can have some fun and not lose sleep if you get a chip or nick here and there. I can’t see where either of the models you’re considering would have more upkeep than the other. Holley’s are simple to rebuild and adjusting valves isn’t much harder.