View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 12:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,426 Posts

I installed one of those in frame kits several years ago in a '57 wagon. It's an OK mod, but there was something funky about the shackles and I can't remember what. They have probably been improved since then.
I got the lead out this morning... and removed the rocker remnant. Test fit the new rocker and marked where I needed to cut the inside quarter patch I made. I made this patch long and knew I would need to trim it, as I had nothing left of the original rocker to know where this went. I need to cut this back about an inch and taper the end.

I had to remove the patch and that required lowering that corner of the floor pan. Once it was out, i had no way to hold it up in place to get the screws started while reaching thru the bars and around the door post. I finally thought of this magnet that has been sitting in a tool box drawer for years and seldom used. Worked great as a handle to hold the panel.

Looks like the rocker should go back further, but the front lines up where it should be so this is where it goes.

I had to move my pillar patch to the outside and down to get it to fill that gap. Fit great, but no pic.

Same exact work needed on the right side and that fell into place. This is coming along better than I expected. A couple more pieces to get fitted and it will be ready to mark for welds and blow apart for prep.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
big gear head (12-29-2021), dustinm (12-29-2021), olredalert (12-29-2021), ruralrte66 (12-29-2021)