View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 09:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,419 Times in 765 Posts

Another day, another burp-athon-apalooza-fest of the V-baby. I got another quart in today! Took almost 30 minutes using the measuring cup filled with around 1/8th cup of coolant at a time. First, I popped the radiator cap off, and topped it off with around a half cup til it was at the top. Then I put the cap back on and disconnected the heater hose line and rotated it upwards. I also added a four-inch section of heater hose to the heater core nipple so I could see the level rise and fall without it just dribbling out. With the little funnel, I just trickled in an 1/8 cup at a time into the heater hose, watching it slowly drain down the funnel, until I went through an entire gallon of 50/50 mix. I reconnected everything and started her up again. Once warmed up the gauge hung around the 185 zone after a drive around the block.

BTW, this is one of the early 92/93s that still had the yellow zone on the gauge. It brings back such entertaining memories of back in the day driving the car in Florida heat with the gauge hovering at the right side in the yellow/red zone. After numerous complaints by southern Viper owners, Dodge sent out a very detailed TSB that essentially said "Ignore the yellow mark on the gauge. Your car isnt really running hot, You're imagining this, Pay no attention to the ViperTech behind the curtain with the infrared heat gun that indicates your radiator is running at 225 degrees..." yada-yada

Dodge in their infinite wisdom removed the yellow marking on the gauge for 1994 (and upgraded the radiator...and electric fans...and shroud...and added more coolant capacity...but that's just a coincidence)
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-23-2021 at 10:32 PM.