Thread: 27? Mile LS6
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 12:11 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard View Post
Many years ago there was a now-defunct car magazine that I subscribed to. They had an article on a 59 Impala, 348, 3 speed manual, that had only about 30 miles or so on it. The owner had bought it new.....think it was in either North or South Carolina. He was fussin' over it after he brought it home from the dealership and someone razzed him and told him he should just put it up on jack stands and never drive it so it would stay clean. So that's what he did. Fortunately, he was fanatical in his care of the car, because it was still as new. Only drove it one other time, when he bought a different house and moved. Just a wee bit eccentric, I guess.
Funny that you mention that white 1959 Impala in a discussion about the red car. Anthony was trying to find that car when I met him. I had the magazine and I knew the car as soon as he referenced it, so I gave him my copy. He told me that if I found that ‘59 he would trade the LS6 for it. I remember the article said the owner was blind and had the car up on jack stands so the springs wouldn’t settle and the doors cracked a bit so the weatherstrip wouldn’t take a set. I believe the car had never even been dealer prepped. Factory seat protection and wheel covers still in the trunk. Police package suspension, I think. I’ve always wondered if that car is still sitting there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEFF GHILANI For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (11-02-2021), Bill Pritchard (11-02-2021)