View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 02:09 PM

Thanked 1,416 Times in 682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Around here the Chevy dealers had so many new trucks before all this that they are mostly feeding off inventory. Don't know totally what's going on. The dealer closest to me has a lot of gaps in the parking lot right now that he hasn't ever had in my memory. A good friend who leases was approached by that dealer and was offered a really amazing deal to move out of his present lease into a new one. I took that to mean that they needed the used inventory. Anybody got a better theory?....Bill S
We have a friend who buys cars for the large rental companies like Enterprise and National, who said that the shortage of computer chips is what's causing the slowing and/or shut down of new car plants. He said that the rental car companies have resorted to buying newer used cars to replace the cars they sold off during the earlier days of the pandemic and since there's little new car inventory, they have to get them somewhere. The lack of new cars and the buying of newer used cars by the rental car companies are driving up the prices of all new and used cars. Our SUV got totaled by an inattentive driver on April 1st, and we bought a used Suburban LTZ but had to pay probably $3-5K more than what it would have cost 6 months ago.
John 10:30
The Following User Says Thank You to markinnaples For This Useful Post:
olredalert (05-17-2021)