View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 03:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY View Post
Nankivell's Indianapolis location was sold into the Hubler conglomerate in the early to mid '70's, the building is still there on Route 31 in what is now technically known as Greenwood, IN. Jim Nankivell was also running an off shore fishing business in Florida.

I believe that Nankivell's Shelbyville location was run by Jim's brother Morgan, and may have been an Oldsmobile dealer early on, but eventually sold Chevrolet's as evidenced by the neon on the ceiling....
If you don’t mind a little additional input, it was still Nankivell into at least 76 as we were still dealing with them. In fact I can check my late 70’s yearbooks and old parts receipts to see when Hubler showed up.

The building at 3800 is still there and is still a used car dealership owned by Hubler. In is not in Greenwood. Hubler moved down 31 decades ago to that location you are thinking about, but the original Nankivell to Hubler building is at 31 and National, just inside the outer loop at 6 o’clock. This is where Doug’s car would have come from.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMS For This Useful Post:
Copo_Cartel (12-19-2019), YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (12-23-2019)