View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Super Stock SS/C SS/D vintage racer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yellow 69 z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeff,

Yes the wiring is there. The VIN is 124379N601701. The history keeps pouring in. I just received two racing programs from Corn Huskers Raceway that contain accounts of the 1969 and 1970 point race standings and winnings. The driver in 1969 was a Charlie Jacob and in 1970 was a Jim Hayes.

Rich </div></div>

The car was sold to a good friend of mine (J Bridgewater) in about 1970, and Jim Hayes drove it some of the time. (Hays may have become a partner, don't know) I've seen some other pictures of the car in about 1970-71 on other sites, with Bridgewater standing next to the car, with his name on the side (and another name) (Mac's was removed or overwritten on door) They(he) may have only owned it for a year or two. I heard a while back that Bridgewater may live in Colo. now.
Another friend had an L-88 (dealer bought short block &amp; heads (Hulac Chev Omaha) that could have ended up in the Camero, but don't know for sure)
They were all friends of mine from HS. (except Hayes)