View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 11:30 PM

Thanked 7,809 Times in 1,657 Posts
Default Re: Musclecar Photographs mrays

I went to a car show at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners MI on Saturday. Here are a few photos of some of the cars that were present.

Here is a 1912 Buick.

Nice 69 Z/28 RS was said to be an original drivetrain car. According to the trim tag it is an X33 car that came with a 727 ivory and black interior and was painted 72 Hugger Orange with a B black vinyl top. I think that combination would have looked good. When the car was restored the vinyl top was left off and the hounds tooth interior was added.

This 65 442 was powered by a built 350 Oldsmobile engine that was backed by an automatic transmission.

This is a 1912 Standard Dayton Special.

Here is a 1936 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Two Door Town Sedan that was powered by a 206 ci six putting out 79 horsepower.

This is a 1932 Chevrolet Confederate.

This 62 Impala is actually two-tone red, but it's kind of hard to see from this photo. It's powered by a healthy small block.

This 64 Biscayne is an original 425 horse 409 car according to the original window sticker the owner had on display with it. There was also a black and white feature of it in Super Chevy a number of years ago.

This 1948 Tucker Sedan is a recently completed restoration. Apparently there were 37 Tuckers built and sold from the factory in Chicago in 1948 before it closed. Left behind at the factory were the makings of more than a dozen additional vehicles. There were 13 additional cars completed after Tucker shut it's doors. There was also an additional car built from parts in the 1980's. This particular car pictured was built from the cowl, dash, seats and chassis of car #1052, the front sheet metal from car #1018 and NOS bumpers, front doors, quarter panels, decklid, engine and transmission all of which were purchased at the 1950 bankruptcy auction. The restorer fabricated the rear doors, roof and floor which were the only major parts that were missing. I'm not sure how one would classify this car, but it was beautiful.

There was also a muscle car display in the front lobby of the museum.

Here is R. Mahoney's 65 Belvedere A990 which was displayed at MCACN this past year.

This is W. Parfet's 70 Hemi Challenger R/T with a 4 speed.

D. Jansen's 70 GTO Judge RA IV with an automatic. This car was featured in Muscle Car Review back in the 80's.

This is J. Stubbing's (Heartbeat City) 69 Z/28 RS that is equipped with a cross ram, factory headers and 4 wheel disc brakes. I'm not sure if it is a factory JL8 car or not.

I took a number of other photos in the museum of rare pre WWII classics. I'd be glad to share some of those as well if any of you guys are interested in those types of cars.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrays For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (11-28-2023)