View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Vintage drag photos

I'll chime in with a few thoughts, comments and requests. NHRA was pretty strict in Stock and Super Stock. No hood scoops or fiberglass parts unless factory installed. As for drivetrain combinations, they had to match the year of production; exterior appearance had to as well. There was also the "Year Rule" where a race car could only be so old as compared to the THEN current model. That is why some cars would get updated grills, trim, tail lights, etc. That's also why some good cars were forced to change class or even sanctioning body. Early on in the glory years of Stock and Siper Stock, NHRA mandated that the engine block, heads and carb be of the same manufacturing year as the car represented, but later they loosened the rules somewhat.
Now to my requests: I'm always hunting for any photos pertaining to any of the "Anderson Olds" race cars, particularly the '69 W-31 that I own and race. I'm also looking for pictures of a 1969 Camaro that I now own, it too is an ex-race car. When new, the Camaro was raced as "Super Paranoia" in SS/H by Bill Izykowski. It was then sold and renamed "Shangri-La" and had a couple different paint jobs and owners. The car spent a lot of time at East Coast tracks but did run The Gatornationals and the U.S.Nationals in B/S and SS/D.