View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:00 AM

Default Re: 1969 ZL1 going to Barrett-Jackson 2012

This site is great - to imagine that so many people have such a depth of knowledge and maintain thier efforts to preserve the history and future of these super cars is beyond belief.

Now it is quite unfortunate that the current owner was not properly advised as to the true known history of this car. When you are talking large money transactions with a simple ommision greatly changing a vehicles value you can expect those that are less than honest to exploit the good nature of trusting people.

This question will once again roar it's ugly head - is this still a ZL1 or just another car with a VIN tag and drivetrain from a car that was factory built as ZL1 #9? My opinion has a great amount of flexibilty when it comes to rebodied cars. If the original body is used and even 95% of the panels are replaced but some facet of the original car are used and built around I still honor the fact that the car is what it previously was. When a completely new or different body is used and parts from the original car are assembled in an attempt to replicate the original car I no longer consider this what the original car was.

I know there are circumstances when a rebody is necessary. Unfortunately to me and many others the car is no longer what it used to be no matter how rare or desired that car may be. To me, this car would be a replica, tribute or clone. I find it very deceiving about all the endorsements being applied to this car from Ed Cuneen but I guess anyone in the know would take that for what it's now worth.

I do not have any negative opinions of the current owner and greatly respect the fact that he is doing the correct thing and sorting out this car's history.