View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 PM
SCR Sponsor

Default Re: Kevin Hand Collector Car Collection at Auction

I understand your opinions and perspective. It's really difficult to discern exactly what happens at an auction when you are actually there and much more so when you are not. However, your conclusions are not fact. They are simply your opinions.

This thread started as a promotion for a member's cars which were going to be auctioned in Arizona at R&S at " No Reserve".

"No Reserve" will always be a major risk to a seller and the least level of risk to an auction. I assumed that risk for some of my own cars at that auction, while I chose to go with a reserve on some of the others. The auction did work with me on my reserve cars and we got them sold across the block. ( special deal ticket signed on the block )

There are numerous reasons why some consignors may or may not decide to go no reserve. The option with R&S, as well as others is always up to the consignor.

So, if and when someone may be looking to turn a substantial collection or even a single car into cash, quickly, selling at No reserve is one very risky option.

Nickey Chicago, Inc. and Russo and Steele have been unjustly accused of maliciously manipulating the auction, by Kevin and his mouth piece. This is simply not true and the opposite of what actually did happen.

Now, if KH had simply stated that he was not happy with the out come or the level of service which was provide, and that in the future would take his business elsewhere, that would have been very different.

I have answered all the questions put forth, to the best of my ability, in order to clear my good name.

While this is a hobby to many it is my business and the way I provide for my family.

Kevin,IMO this would be a good time to put egos aside and for you to make a public apology.