Thread: 68 Yenco clone
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM

Default Re: 68 Yenko clone

Respectfully to Tom, as to your last post, all my info, is from chev, or the car's themselves. I take the info I gave on R.E. 68 yenko clone, with my first hand info, having owned and raced a new 68 yenko for 2 years, and I don't joke about it. What 67 69 chev 427 hydro lifter engine had 410H.P and 425H.P. what was the L numbers? yenko rated them at that. yenko also over rated all his engines. A 68 69 l72 at 425H.P. became 450H.P.most pro. racers ,quater mile, used 4 speeds, as I did because they were faster.Never came close to losing to one, refer to original feature car, dec 2004, and first place winner stickers on rear window. NEVER lost in 2 years, my camaro was 8016# And I stand by my statement that all 68 yenko's should have been 4 speeds, auto cars had hydro lifter motors and were much harder to modify, and had less factory H.P. I worked for chev, on the dealer level from 72 to78, and also got a lot of my info from the factory people, As I was at manger level. chev, still stands on they facts about the zlx 427, that they never sold parts or motors, right or wrong, as they were not allowed to.(no medium sized cars with over 400 C.I) but they did, thats what yenko was all about.To Jason and Wayne Iam sure there are sharp cookies on this site, but how old are they, did they own one of these cars in the day, when new, and did they modify them and race them as thats what they were for? Or do they just read second hand accounts, and books? I did it in 68 69, for real. How many on this site have done that? Sharp cookies are good , not alway's right, as no one is, but they are hard to swallow. Thanks for listening, my yenko was my 6th muscle car. and the fastest by over 3/4 second. Bob Krueger.