View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Grumpy's Toy Camaro's

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Barnfind.Is that car with the floor cut out your 72?I will be doing the same thing to my 73.The car was tubbed.I will be using the new premade main floor with braces,the premade rear floor with framerails and braces,then I will use the package tray and inner 1/4 structure from my 74 Camaro,adding new 1/4's,outer houses and tailpanel.It is my high school car so I want to make it perfect,the main floor are patched and look good,but I think that with over 2 grand in new metal going on already why not make it perfect.Let me know how it all goes together.It looks like you dont have much of a jig under that car.Kinda scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I welded the whole car to the lift it was on and then measured all the locating points (twice) and then cut the floor/frame rails/trunk floor out with a plasma cutter. I bought all the pieces separate (I did use the floor with the braces and 4sp hump) and welded them together myself so that I would be sure of alignment and sufficient number of welds. A porta power is a good investment if you plan on getting everything where it is suppose to be. Also I replaced the outer rockers <u>after</u> i had the floor welded back in (that is what was welded to the lift). The jig it is sitting on in my signature is actually my boat dolly, the boat weighs 3500# and the Camaro cab is most likely less than 1000# so it should be ok. I will probably have it on the rotisserie after Xmas.

72 SS 350 4spd Camaro
74 Z28 Automatic
80 Z28 4spd
94 Z28 Automatic