View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Launch RPM for a 4 Speed?

Hmmm, lots of good info to digest here.

To answer a few questions... MPH was 102 - 104 every time. 60 foot time was between 2.10 and 2.20.

My brother tried one pass, launched it at 4000... and the bog was almost gone... 60 foot time was 1.90, but unfortunately, the clutch linkage came apart after shifting to 2nd gear. (the cheapest weakest link I can think of), so no idea what 1/4 mile time would have been.

I thought about going back to street tires, maybe next time out I'll give those a shot. Seems safer on the drivetrain at least. The slicks had about 13 psi in them, and i didn't bother burning out after the first time... to try and get them a little less sticky.

As for timing, I didn't realize you want the curve in that low... I always check it at 3000 - 3500 RPM. I'll have to check it at 2000... and figure out where to pick up some MSD weights and/or springs.

And thats quite frightening about COPO Pete... which is a big reason why I've been considering pulling the rear and storing it until (and if) I restore the car. I've also considered selling the KQ and using the $$$ to build a bigger motor... since the motor and trans are long gone... but I'm not ready to do that just yet.