View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Cars to watch at Barrett Jackson

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do the "high" prices say about the buyers or the cars.

Is it just a fact that regardless of hard times and the country in the midst of a recession, there is and always will be inept, uneducated buyers with large egos and wallets full of stupid money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck. Because the buyers don't have the same tastes in cars as you do, doesn't mean they are stupid, inept etc. There are many people that could care less about #'s matching. Are they wrong ? I don't think so. Looks to me like people have come to have a great time and buy a car that they like. There is another world besides our #'s match world. So maybe someone pays 5K more for a car. They don't need to waste months of their time scouring ads, looking at junk etc. They come here and see it all in one place and buy something they like. It doesn't mean they are uneducated or inept.
My take on the auction is the quality of our type car is way down because of no reserve but people are still paying big dough for cars. Sitting here you wouldn't know there was a recession. These are just not the caliber of cars that used to be here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Charley.......Most of the people that are here could care less about the #'s thing...."And" .....It's hard to tell that there is a Economic Slowdown by the Activity here.........It's a Big Used Car Lot.....Nothing More.....Nothing Less.......

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things