The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   69 Camaro parts SS/RS BB, Can you help a Brother ? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134809)

bbbentley 11-07-2015 02:53 PM

69 Camaro parts SS/RS BB, Can you help a Brother ?

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure where to start. The thing that was supposed to bring me happiness, my long held Camaro I bought at 18, has become such a burden and disappointment. Perhaps I should wait awhile to ask about these following parts as I am busted paying for my car's body-paint and a new heat pump for the winter and I know these parts will not be cheap. If I can at least secure the pieces (Find them and a commitment to buy w/deposit) and time given to sell off assets to pay I would appreciate very much.
Some here know, and CRG too, I started into a complete restoration of my 69 Camaro about 5 years ago after 36 years of parts scrounging. 1st year went great with me doing the work, disassembling car and the engine build. After much work and 3 years of not finding the "right" body guy, a guy is found only to find him bailing after 8 mos. leaving me with a 1/2 done mess(Dec 14), I went through a 6 mos. depression and did not look at or touch the car. Got a local guy to start on the car in this July. This was a nice unmolested original car that is/was solid with typical Ohio rusted areas. $8k later and still not a stitch of paint on the car! Ok, laugh, but I really got the 'root' and a raw deal.
Now, my worst nightmares are coming true. Many of my prize parts are missing, gone, stolen, misappropriated,lost, whatever.
The list will surely grow, but here is what I need to replace what is lost, so far:
NEED the FOLLOWING:
<span style="font-weight: bold">NOS Battery tray. <span style="color: #000099">PROVIDED!</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">Thanks Eddie M.</span>
Original to car(OE GM) battery hold down. <span style="color: #000099">Provided!</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">SC69Sammy Scadino thanks bro</span> unless noted everything else following is original to the car=OE
OE Lower Alt. bracket with spacer for smog brkt. 69 BB AIM L35 A4 3940939 <span style="color: #FF0000">[color:#000099]PROVIDED![color:#FF0000] Thanks Martin</span>
OE Smog pump cradle.
L&amp;R lower RS support brkts. AIM Z22 A2 3949627-8
Lower Alternator stud and spacer.
RS Washer res. (I believe I have another) so hold up on that.
Brace that goes to header -valence and core support and hood latch (center front)AIM 11/13 B6 #4 3937531 <span style="color: #FF0000">Provided! [color:#FF0000]by Spooky (Scott)thanks</span>
All the rare Endura bumper braces and hardware. AIM VE3 A1 #1,2(2),5(2),4,6 R&amp;L,9 R&amp;L
</span>
These were all parts blasted to be painted black. Again, devastated, but my community will rally and make this victorious. Thank you and God Bless.
Pic is of the blasted parts while at the body shop.
These missing items were just discovered yesterday. The car was whisked away hurriedly when the body guy bailed and stored at a friends (secure)so, just learning of these problems as I get further into the resto.

68SSCamaro 11-07-2015 07:02 PM

Re: 69 Camaro parts SS/RS BB, Can you help a Brother ?

I have a lower alternator bracket. PM me if interested. Martin

L78 Fred 11-07-2015 07:06 PM

I can start to help with a NOS battery tray
And when I am home at the end of the month
I will see what else I can dig up
Best wishes
Keep the faith -
Fred

bbbentley 11-07-2015 09:43 PM

Apparently, you guys are not only good for technical help, nostalgic reminiscing, and laughs, but add coming to the help of others in need as well! Thank you to those who have reached out and offered parts and their brotherly love shown through generosity and a willingness to help. My Heart felt thanks, Bentley. List has been updated-= battery tray and lower alt. brkt. have been found (replaced by members).

ZLP955 11-08-2015 01:33 AM

Bentley I'm not sure if I can offer anything to help (never owned a BB or RS car) but I will see what I can dig up next time I go up to my storage place.

bbbentley 11-08-2015 01:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Too kind an offer Tim, but save your self some work until I have exhausted all the State side resources. That endura stuff really steams me. Hard to replace. I kind of feel like George Bailey in &quot;It's a Wonderful Life&quot;. When George was in need friends showed their love by their desire to help. Thanks sYc.
Tim- God Bless
Another pic from a different view. Still need help IDing that rod in the center, next to the RS fender brace Left of brace in lower center of pic. endura braces in RH lower corner. <span style="font-weight: bold">Now, I know what that part is. It is my lower alt. stud and spacer</span> Guess I need this as well. Only OEM please.

enio45 11-08-2015 02:04 AM

I'm thinking that rod, with the nut on it is the power brake booster rod - missing the clevis on the end that mounts to the brake peddle

with out a closer pic.....cant tell.....

your missing still the endura brackets to the bumper - - i see the frame to the endure brackets unless u have them still on the bumper

as sell the end pieces of the endure bumper as well....missing

bbbentley 11-08-2015 02:25 AM

Eddie I edited my posts. That part I finally ID'd is the lower alternator stud and spacer. I guess I need that now as well. The brake rod on my car is gray Phosphate so I would not have painted that. My bell crank is gray phos. as well.

All endura stuff is missing making me wonder? Did it get eBayed or what? I will look at the bumper tomorrow just to make sure the end pieces are not on there. I am sure they are not on the bumper as I took them off. Anything that was to be black or suede was sent along with the car shell and XT rims to paint shop. Might be in a bag in one of the 2 totes. Thanks again. You are top shelf.

ban617 11-08-2015 12:00 PM

The alt bolt &amp; battery tray are in the pic

bbbentley 11-08-2015 12:21 PM

Ok, One more time for those a little slow on the Uptake.
A picture (now 2 pictures) show several bead blasted parts that were done at a body shop OVER a YEAR ago.
Now, fast forward to NOW. The 2 totes that were supposed to have all those pieces shown in the totes, when I abruptly and hurriedly had to pick up the car last year in December, for some reason does not have all the pieces. Where are they? Who knows? Yes, I am sad &amp; angry 'cause these are not cheap knock offs, these are the real deal and had been with my car for an amazing 46 years and with one dishonest or careless event, they are now gone.
Picture a puzzle that is missing pieces. Some of the parts shown are NO LONGER THERE. If I had all the parts shown that I used to have, I would be very HAPPY, and NOT posting a WANT AD on sYc. Hopefully noone else will say they see the needed part in the pic. One thing though, the pic proves I did have these pieces and not making up a story. Thanks.