The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Carlisle All GM Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110711)

70 copo 06-26-2010 05:01 PM

Carlisle All GM Nationals

Went Friday. Vendors were at an all time low.

Lots of 2010 Camaros.

Solid Lifter showroom was great. Anyone else go?

GTO_DON 06-26-2010 08:02 PM

Re: Carlisle All GM Nationals

I was there too and those are my thoughts also.Did get to meet some of the guys and picked up some Bluestreak slicks so I guess it was ok for me.

sYc 06-26-2010 11:00 PM

If anyone bumps into Howie, tell him Carlise is a hour ahead of Missouri. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Howie called bright and early this morning (see above) and said he was having a good time, most of the time. Even though not there to be judged, one of the judges at Carlisle made a point to stop by the display and tell Howie that his car should be Red, but is now Purple. I guess he knows, afterall he is a judge. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img]

Fast67VelleN2O 06-26-2010 11:41 PM

I just came back after vending since Thursday morning. A few more years and there will be no more vendors left. Bathrooms and showers were closed so the 4 showers in north field are suppose to service everyone... bs.

6t7 camaro 06-27-2010 01:39 AM

Anybody got pics of the solid lifter showroom? I couldn't make it this year (graduation weekend). Last years was awewsome just curious to see what was there this year.

Salvatore 06-27-2010 03:20 AM

Howie was happy after he ate a few boxes of T-Kakes. Forgot all about the color of his car! There was some outstanding Z/28's to be judged by MacNeish and Company in the one bldg. especially a paint delete Hugger orange??? 1967 Z/28. What a car! The solid lifter display was real good again this year. Those Gibb novas and Joes 1969 harrell camaro are my favorites. K.Howie was sturring up trouble again with his antics. A great guy to be around. Always stirring the pot. Loved talking to Mike Angelo and Grady Burch also. Two more guys with plenty of knowledge. Spent some time with our own Verne Frantz in the vendors area listening to stories about Strickler/Jenkins and the 409 days. Another guy with a bunch of nostalgic info. A warm but good day. Worth the trip IMO.

x Baldwin Motion 06-27-2010 03:21 AM

hitting the road in six hours. hopefully the solid lifter showroom will be worth the trip, not much for the vendor area or the car corral this trip. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dog427435 06-27-2010 04:29 AM

Hey Chris - we're going also - look for us - Verne has a couple of spots!

firez 06-27-2010 04:39 AM

Just arrived in after 10 hours driving. I loved the Solid Lifter showroom and also the building where the judging was taking place. There was not many vendors in my mind. New camaros sure out numbered first and second gen cars.Looks like the way a lot of shows are going.

hep1966 06-27-2010 04:49 AM

Spent the day there. Saw everything, twice. Vendor space is a lot smaller than it used to be. Hung out until just after the engine giveaway.