The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Shipper needed Texas to Wisconsin and back (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177605)

TimG 12-18-2023 01:30 PM

Shipper needed Texas to Wisconsin and back

I'm in need of a shipper that can transport a car from Austin, TX to Wisconsin and bring a car back. It sounds like a trade, but it is two outright purchases. I had a shipper lined up with a one car hauler for this trip, but he lost his trailer due to wind in a rollover. Fortunately, there were no injuries, and the trailer was empty.

Thank you for a lead if anyone has one.

Too Many Projects 12-18-2023 02:46 PM

Would that work in reverse ? Can the car in WI leave before the one you have arrives ?
If I had an enclosed trailer, I could do that, but I probably wouldn't get back to WI until April...:wink:

TimG 12-18-2023 03:50 PM

Either way works, one up and one back. All parties involved know each other, so we will work together.

MosportGreen66 12-20-2023 01:07 PM

We just used Passport Transportation again and they were outstanding. Tim - they're our go-to now... great customer service, great equipment and professional drivers!

Big Block Bill 12-20-2023 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 (Post 1640516)
We just used Passport Transportation again and they were outstanding. Tim - they're our go-to now... great customer service, great equipment and professional drivers!

I’ve been using Passport Transport since 1991 when they moved my 1953 Corvette #
100 to Long Island New York. The Best! Bill

mssl72 12-20-2023 08:22 PM

It was a while back, but Passport helped rescue my 74 Z from a transport nightmare. I would totally use them again.

TimG 12-21-2023 12:35 AM

I believe I got things solved today. It's a company I've used to transport cars to NCRS events and Bloomington Gold in Indianapolis. They have hauled two other cars for me.
I appreciate the advice, though.

The poor guy we used in October to haul two cars to the Texas Regional now needs to replace his trailer before he will be up and running.

Too Many Projects 12-21-2023 12:51 AM

I hope he had insurance, but probably not. I've never carried damage insurance on my trailers either. Seems the cost after a few years is as much as just replacing the trailer, but they have gone up so much in cost over the last 4-5 years.
If he doesn't have insurance and it isn't too badly damaged, I may be interested in it...:dunno:

69 Post Sedan 12-21-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1640571)
I hope he had insurance, but probably not. I've never carried damage insurance on my trailers either. Seems the cost after a few years is as much as just replacing the trailer, but they have gone up so much in cost over the last 4-5 years.
If he doesn't have insurance and it isn't too badly damaged, I may be interested in it...:dunno:

I have insurance on my enclosed trailer when it’s parked. Once it’s hooked up to my truck, the trailer and anything in it is covered through my truck insurance.

Kurt

TimG 12-21-2023 01:36 PM

I'm not sure about insurance. He's backed by a wealthy collector in Texas who provides the equipment. That way he has access to his services at any time. He can freelance with the equipment as long as it doesn't interfere with his own hauling.