The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Numerous 69 Z/28 Parts Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162190)

NorCam 07-16-2020 09:06 PM

Numerous 69 Z/28 Parts Wanted

Looking for the following parts if anyone can help out. Good used or NOS (A few items have been found and removed from this list - Thanks sYc)

Radiator/Tanks CB/IH Dated A or B
692 Water Pump Dated 9A or 9B
Cowl breather - seal only
Original Door Jamb Windlace Molding (white or yellow)

I am sure there will other items to add to this list but those are the parts I am still in search of. Thanks sYc

luv2sixty9 07-16-2020 09:36 PM

I believe I have most of your wish list, but going off memory.

418 Non Dripper Valve Covers
309 Master Cyl Dated 345 to 045 of 69
Radiator/Tanks CB/IH Dated B
692 Water Pump Dated A or B
Cowl breather upper flange and seal
Alternator Brackets and Bolts
GM Spoiler Rods
Quarter Window Chrome
Z/28 Instrument Cluster (No Cuts or Broken Tabs)
Original Door Jamb Windlace Molding
Console Door and Console Mounting Bracket

NorCam 07-17-2020 12:41 AM

I'll send you a message here Dave. Thanks for the reply

X66 714 07-17-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCam (Post 1507194)
What? No yellow seat covers in your stash Dave? :biggthumpup:

I'll send you a message here Dave. Thanks for the reply

The yellow is a bear as we've talked about. I've had mine since 1981 & just now finding usable pieces. You might get lucky but the dye lots are different for both the cloth & the vinyl....Joe

NorCam 07-17-2020 04:41 AM

Roger that Joe.

I'm still collecting samples of new vinyl and swatches of yellow/black houndstooth in an attempt to find something to use if I decide to recover everything. SMS is looking like a great match here now.

jl8z28 07-17-2020 10:48 AM

I have plenty of the alternator brackets

X66 714 07-17-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCam (Post 1507209)
Roger that Joe.

I'm still collecting samples of new vinyl and swatches of yellow/black houndstooth in an attempt to find something to use if I decide to recover everything. I'm a quick study and already recognize the color of vinyl I need to match the original GM colors and will flip rocks until I find some. I have a couple close samples coming and they are far better than anything I have seen for covers from Cars Inc, Legendary, OER or Al Knoch. All their yellows are a stark Canary Yellow and will blind you.

If I can't find a decent match, I'll park the yellow pieces for completion at a later date and focus on using black comfort weave deluxe until I have all the right pieces to complete the yellow. Door panels, seat backs, and head rests can be stripped and re-dyed using a nice marine dye that I found for vinyl and plastics. Lots of work ahead of me here and it really doesn't bother me if I need to change it out with something else I like and wait to find some correct fabrics and vinyls to finish it later.

I'm all good with the Lizard Skin. :grin:

Al Knoch is almost perfect on the cloth. Correct pattern & size. Try SMS. They might've got something different....Joe

NorCam 07-17-2020 02:21 PM

The Al Knoch samples arrived here this week Joe. Very bright and also very stark looking color (especially the vinyl which matches their door panels. Waiting on SMS which is also on the way. I'm hoping to find more of a buttery vinyl color and will then choose a fabric if I can't find a yard or two of original stuff to repair what I have here. Looks like I can save the original door panels and head rests and re-dye them so that's a bonus.

https://i.ibb.co/cLTbd2S/Less-bright...nyl-Please.jpg

NorCam 07-18-2020 10:14 PM

David Valentine...you got your ears on? I sent you a PM and included my number if you want to sell some parts? Shoot me a msg or call me, or email me... :flag::flag::flag:

oldgasoline101 at gmail

luv2sixty9 07-19-2020 01:07 AM

Graeme,
I'm gathering / locating all the parts that are on your wish list. Dave