The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Pearl Harbor Remembrance... (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=164447)

WILMASBOYL78 12-07-2020 11:54 AM

Pearl Harbor Remembrance...

1 Attachment(s)
Today marks the 79th anniversary of the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor...the COVID situation is limiting the onsite activities. Please keep those brave sailors and soldiers in your thoughts today.

https://www.nps.gov/valr/learn/histo...brance-day.htm

Lest we forget :flag:

-wilma

Postsedan 12-07-2020 12:11 PM

True Hero’s

May they RIP

Dan

SS427 12-07-2020 01:03 PM

I watched the beginning of the CBS morning news this morning and not a single word about the Pearl Harbor remembrance. Very sad.

orig69ss 12-07-2020 01:35 PM

Our American Legion has a cermony uptown at the same time it happened in Pearl Harbor
it,s the least we can do. No none of the tv stations covered it I found it on the history channel.
Chuck

Burd 12-07-2020 03:35 PM

Never forget!!!!

69M22Z 12-07-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS427 (Post 1525818)
I watched the beginning of the CBS morning news this morning and not a single word about the Pearl Harbor remembrance. Very sad.

I said same thing to my family. Very sad.
A short piece was on noon news. A real shame.

danachevroletfor1967 12-07-2020 06:20 PM

One of the only 2 surviving sailors on the USS Arizona lives in the town right next to where I live. We attended the same church before the COVID pandemic. He is 99. Our local paper did an article on him this past Saturday. I think local Sacramento area TV stations were going to have a virtual interview with him today.

May we never forget.

orig69ss 12-07-2020 06:57 PM

We had our cermony uptown not many people but some veterans was cold but to me that
was no excuse. I can remeber about ten years ago wehad men up there with Pearl Harbor
surviverors hats on may they rest in peace.
Chuck

Too Many Projects 12-07-2020 10:11 PM

Wow, this is crazy that the country has outgrown remembering the darkest day in our history.

I read where the last known survivor of the Arizona was interred aboard last summer. There is another ? Maybe it was the last one they would place inside the ship. It is becoming very unstable from rust.

My 93 yr old Uncle served in the Army during WWII and is one of the last survivors in this area. His wife, my aunt, passed away a couple months ago and at her memorial, he said there are very few left at the survivors meetings.

hubleyman 12-08-2020 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw absolutely nothing about it on the news today and it was quite disappointing.

My dad was stationed at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. Lifelong military guy (born in 1919) who fought in every war in every country that would let him. Brought my German mom back to the US after WWII. He survived that attack and many others but lost his life to emphysema years later. He lies in San Francisco at the Presidio with his fellow soldiers... I was just looking at his uniform in my closet since you guys triggered my memories.

He used to tell us kids stories of the surprise attack. His group had their rifles but no significant amount of ammo on hand. Someone drove a truck full of ammo towards their location but somehow got stopped in the middle of an open field. His buds would run out and grab some ammo, run back to the trees and shoot. Most of them were killed. My dad and his best friend went out and sat on top of the ammo truck and shot at the planes. He said if the truck got blown up during the attack, they would never even feel it...

I have been to Pearl Harbor multiple times on Dec 7th, picturing him being there fighting for our Country. If he didn't survive that battle, I literally would not be here in this world.

I praise all the brave souls who were there, whether they survived the battle or not. May they be remembered and honored forever.