The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Schwinn Yellow Stingray (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178335)

Big Block Bill 03-14-2024 06:14 PM

Schwinn Yellow Stingray

5 Attachment(s)
Looking for any help help identifying a value on this gasoline converted original Bike.
Thanks for any input you might have. Bill

RPOLS3 03-14-2024 07:16 PM

No idea on value but that thing is cool!

BJCHEV396 03-14-2024 09:03 PM

Real cool!!

DW31S 03-14-2024 11:23 PM

Repop seat for sure…I’ll need my glasses to see what’s/what’s not there.

Crush 03-14-2024 11:27 PM

@OEM will know

Big Block Bill 03-15-2024 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW31S (Post 1646061)
Repop seat for sure…I’ll need my glasses to see what’s/what’s not there.

A large laundry list could be made out of what is or is not "There". I'm just asking everyone's opinion of what it "Is" and try to get a reasonable value for it, no more, no less.
It's definitely not a Survivor or Benchmark Bike, that's for sure so It is what it is and it should have some value being the original frame and Schwinn head plate is intact. Bill

BCreekDave 03-15-2024 01:05 PM

Maybe I'm real low or real high, but just for the "cool" factor at least a couple of grand. The bikes condition is not "concours" so that takes away a bit, but the engine addition appears to be very well done. I know for sure if I had that in my pre-teens that it would have lasted about 5 minutes before it was wrapped around a tree somewhere or jumped across the local Grand Canyon ditch. A cool addition would be those pogo-stick-sissy bar rear shocks.

JRSully 03-16-2024 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We built a lot of those here on LI, affectionately known as "mota bikes" Stingray frames were the best because they were sturdy, well built and plentiful
bolt a piece of 2x2" angle iron mounted to the seat post and bottom frame tube, bolt 2 of the 4 bolt holes on a Briggs/Tecumseh. Fan belt pulley on the engine and a large pulley pulled out of a dryer, ridiculously large fan belt you were doing 40mph

TimG 03-16-2024 01:24 AM

My word, I built some "mota bikes". My dad was furious when he saw I sawed up my bike.

60sStuff 03-16-2024 02:08 AM

Value

5 Attachment(s)
BBB,

Someone paged OEM.

Can’t help you on a value of that long frame Schwinn painted Kool Lemon 🍋.
Looks like a hodgepodge meant to go fast.

Below is a short frame 1964 Stingray, possibly a very early Super Deluxe model because it has the chrome springer, polo seat, square back seat strut, fenders and the super rare Yellow Oval Slik.

The guy riding it seems to have a McCulloch patch on his shop coat which may indicate the motor in this ‘64.
Photos out of Hermosa Beach, Calif. back in the heyday of the Schwinn Stingray.

This Stingray looks to be a well engineered unit that I’d love to own.