The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Example of why you pay for a good transport company (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163253)

Bad67300 09-23-2020 04:20 AM

Example of why you pay for a good transport company

3 Attachment(s)
Posted on the South Dakota Highway Patrol page today. Rig pulled over on Interstate 90. Man I'd be ticked if that Impala convertible was mine. Looks like a 427 car, and the driver knew there was a problem and added the straps without actually trying to fix the load.

TimG 09-23-2020 12:33 PM

I know of two original Corvettes that were damaged in transit this year. One was abeing transported from Reno to San Fransisco after being sold by a friend. The transporter used one front and one rear strap. A Four Star Bow Tie 66 Corvette needed it's front end replaced after that trip. Two weeks ago, a dealer lined up the transit for a 1971 original paint Corvette and a car above it leaked brake fluid on the hood, fender and door. The car needs to be repainted now. Neither of these transporters were our advertiser. I pretty much use Reliable, although I know there are other good companies out there.

Postsedan 09-23-2020 12:43 PM

If you stay in this business / hobby long enough you get to experience the good and the bad....lord knows I have.

Dan

Crush 09-23-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimG (Post 1515532)
I know of two original Corvettes that were damaged in transit this year. One was abeing transported from Reno to San Fransisco after being sold by a friend. The transporter used one front and one rear strap. A Four Star Bow Tie 66 Corvette needed it's front end replaced after that trip. Two weeks ago, a dealer lined up the transit for a 1971 original paint Corvette and a car above it leaked brake fluid on the hood, fender and door. The car needs to be repainted now. Neither of these transporters were our advertiser. I pretty much use Reliable, although I know there are other good companies out there.

Reliable has been very consistent for me. I don’t understand the idea of spending tens of thousands of dollars on a vehicle to shop for the cheapest/ low cost carrier.

DougA 09-24-2020 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently bought my first out of state classic car. I contracted Reliable Carriers to have it hauled from Minnesota to Maryland. They did what I expected, delivered it in the same condition that it left. And they did it, at a very reasonable rate. My first experience, an it was good.

Mr70 09-24-2020 01:11 PM

Lets see more of that El camino Doug. :)

BLACKLS5 09-24-2020 01:44 PM

Looks like a nice stablemate to his Cortez Silver LS5 Chevelle.

markinnaples 09-24-2020 01:50 PM

Would love to see more pics of that Elco.

DougA 09-24-2020 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
454, 4 speed, factory R-12 ac, frame off So.Cal car. Sold new at Schonlaw Chevrolet, Hollywood. These pics were taken when it was shipped a couple of weeks ago. I tried posting pics that I've taken with my crappy camera here at home, and they won't load, keep getting an error message.

DougA 09-24-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKLS5 (Post 1515688)
Looks like a nice stablemate to his Cortez Silver LS5 Chevelle.

Yes, my wife named them Cortez 1, and Cortez 2, lol..