The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Barrett Jackson 2018 Scottsdale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146681)

EZ Nova 01-17-2018 01:23 PM

Barrett Jackson 2018 Scottsdale

Was watching last night. Now I've been there twice. My parents "winter home" is in Mesa. Dads tried to buy a time or 2 and needed to be "pre registered"?

Can someone who has bought a car there please walk me through the process of being able to go and actually BUY if there is something you like????

Planning on being there for 2019 with a friend. He's looking at buying as well. Now he's VERY WEALTHY and has said to me a couple times "lets go". We were going to go this year, but wife is expecting our first child due March 1. So timeline for this year didn't work.

I know you need some sort of bank info. But was also told you get more of a VIP treatment like passes to certain areas?? What else?

CHARLIE I know you've been there and done this!!!!

Thanks, John

I really like the '63 Acadian convertible that went through. Would have made a nice daily driver.

William 01-17-2018 03:47 PM

All you basically need is a Bidder's Paddle.

Tier 1 includes one guest pass, two drink cards [10 each, per day] gala tickets, event catalog and a parking pass. Obviously, you & guest sit in the ring. You can go on the block and marshaling lanes with the paddle but not with only a guest pass.

Tier 2 does not include gala passes or drink cards.

Both are discounted if your app is in prior to early December. The VIP stuff is expensive and not really necessary.

There are financial requirements to get a paddle. Fairly simple; you can get a line of credit from Woodside or submit a bank letter of guarantee. All explained on the site.

There are other considerations to being there at that time. We have our flights booked by Labor Day. Rooms near WestWorld are not cheap and often book a year in advance. Getting around requires renting a car or paying for transportation. Hotels in the area offer free shuttles.

Our 10th year. The weather is great [usually...]; nothing to do but look at cars!

EZ Nova 01-17-2018 06:46 PM

Thanks, I did get on the site and registered and now get to see the prices cars sold for. I also found some info on getting the stuff to bid.

Friend says he thought it 10 Million line of credit was enough??? He a builder/developer. I told him that won't cut it, still have hoops to jump through and other things from Bj side.

Xplantdad 01-17-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 1384551)
All you basically need is a Bidder's Paddle.

Tier 1 includes one guest pass, two drink cards [10 each, per day] gala tickets, event catalog and a parking pass. Obviously, you & guest sit in the ring. You can go on the block and marshaling lanes with the paddle but not with only a guest pass.

Tier 2 does not include gala passes or drink cards.

Both are discounted if your app is in prior to early December. The VIP stuff is expensive and not really necessary.

There are financial requirements to get a paddle. Fairly simple; you can get a line of credit from Woodside or submit a bank letter of guarantee. All explained on the site.

There are other considerations to being there at that time. We have our flights booked by Labor Day. Rooms near WestWorld are not cheap and often book a year in advance. Getting around requires renting a car or paying for transportation. Hotels in the area offer free shuttles.

Our 10th year. The weather is great [usually...]; nothing to do but look at cars!

20 percent chance of rain next Saturday...or 80% chance of it not raining :)

72-SS-L48 01-17-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplantdad (Post 1384580)
20 percent chance of rain next Saturday...or 80% chance of it not raining :)

I love the AZ/ Scottsdale weather this time of year. Except last year when Friday became 100% chance of rain which meant 100% chance our car was soaking wet (as were we)!

Barrett is a great time though. It's unfortunate we couldn't swing it this year.

Best,
Dave

William 01-17-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZ Nova (Post 1384577)
Friend says he thought it 10 Million line of credit was enough??? He a builder/developer. I told him that won't cut it, still have hoops to jump through and other things from Bj side.

Well that would depend on how many 12 cylinder Ferraris you plan to buy.

The minimum line is $30k.