The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   napa68 (Tim Schuetz) 1976 Trans Am! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156544)

Xplantdad 08-16-2019 01:37 AM

napa68 (Tim Schuetz) 1976 Trans Am!

22 Attachment(s)
Bruce,

This is a car I recently acquired.........

76 Trans Am I purchased from the original owner. He special ordered the car from Foster Pontiac in Milwaukee, WI.

47,000 original miles. 455 4 speed, 3.23 positraction, AC, power steering, power brakes, power locks, rear window defog, power trunk release, tinted windows, hood decal,console, etc.The car had been in heated storage since day one. It is speculated the back seat has not ever been sat in!

Original paint, original interior, original drive train, original window glass, space saver spare (and associated items). The original tail pipes and intermediate pipe have been retained. Even has the original pads, calipers, rotors, brake shoes and drums.

The car has most every piece of GM paperwork, insurance renewals, registration renewals, speeding tickets, emissions inspections. and receipts for additional parts and services performed through the years.

The car was parked in 1995 due to a double amputation of the

owners legs (diabetes). All the while, it was in climate controlled storage. The car was recently recommissioned by the original owner's nephew to prepare the car for sale.

The car has some Day 2 mods such as headers (still attached to the original converter) opening of the hood shaker, bigger sway bars, and upgraded stereo.

I finished the Day 2 theme with a set of American Racing 200S's that I have had since I was 15 years old.

Hope everyone enjoys!
Tim

Crush 08-16-2019 02:26 AM

Very kool!!!

m22mike 08-16-2019 11:17 AM

Looks very clean, neat car. :biggthumpup:

Mike

RPOLS3 08-16-2019 11:35 AM

Looks great Tim - another nice addition.

WILMASBOYL78 08-16-2019 12:36 PM

76 Firebird...

Very nice!!

I like the message on the factory paperwork about the spare tire...I remember that very well. I ordered a new 76 Malibu Classic and the car came with an 'IOU" for the spare tire. Must have been a strike or production issue back then that caused the problem.

Good luck with this great car.

-wilma

Burd 08-16-2019 01:31 PM

Very nice. You outta stop on my forum sometime. We’re all Bird nuts. Lol
BTW, I make a cat test pipe if you ever want to “test” your Cat on there.
Heading to the trans am Natz next week, looks like a few bits are missing, 2 big parters are there, if you need anything send me a PM.

markinnaples 08-16-2019 01:45 PM

Wow, that's really cool. My neighbor had the plain Firebird version of this Trans Am down the to the orange paint and white interior, but with a lo-po smogged 350. I bet that exhaust really cut down the improvement of those headers unfortunately. Congrats on getting such a beautiful survivor.

chevyandpontiac 08-16-2019 09:34 PM

Love it I have 76 455 4 speed in black I put mr gasket traction bars, western 200s wheels and full chrome hooker side pipes on mine. These car look awesome with those wheels..

muscle_collector 08-17-2019 01:14 AM

great car and amazing condition. its pretty funny the guy would go to the trouble to put headers on it and then leave the catalytic convertor and single exhaust on it.

TimG 08-17-2019 11:55 AM

Cool TA, Tim.