The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Tips for 1st time MCACN attendee (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173717)

Luvchevs 11-16-2022 03:23 PM

Tips for 1st time MCACN attendee

Hello All,

As long as weather doesn't get in my way I will finally be traveling from the Toronto, Ontario area to the MCACN show. Very excited to attend what is a bucket list item for me!
Any input/suggestions to make the most of attending the show would be gladly appreciated!

big gear head 11-16-2022 04:13 PM

I always follow the unveilings on Saturday morning, then enjoy the rest of the show.

dustinm 11-16-2022 05:44 PM

Where are you staying?

I like to get there early (mind you its busier every year) and be one of the first thru the door to view my favorite 1 or 2 displays.
Then you could watch the unveilings. After that I go back to my room rest a bit and return to the show to see every car in the show. I have found the crowd subsides late afternoon and you can actually get some photos at that point. I also stay in one of the 3 closest hotels to help accommodate my 2 or 3 visits.

X66 714 11-16-2022 06:30 PM

You may need to come back on Sunday also. It's a zoo on Saturday....Joe

Pro Stock John 11-16-2022 07:04 PM

I went Sunday that's when I talked to you Joe. I think that's my plan for this year too.

Xplantdad 11-16-2022 09:01 PM

Just enjoy yourself looking at the 500+ cars...and talking to the great car owners...each with a story to tell! :beers:

Steve Shauger 11-16-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplantdad (Post 1605572)
Just enjoy yourself looking at the 500+ cars...and talking to the great car owners...each with a story to tell! :beers:

Couldn't have said it better. There is something for everyone there. No need to rush Saturday is a long day so pace yourselves. Take alook at the list of events posted and pick the most important. As been stated Saturday is busier and Sunday is more layedback.

Fantastic showcases, seminars, unveiling and featured areas such as Barn Finds and Vintage Certification. Everything from AMC To Z28.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!

dykstra 11-17-2022 10:35 AM

The barn find exhibit is a must!!

Luvchevs 11-17-2022 04:15 PM

I have a friend that lives in Grand Rapid Michigan. I will be driving to his place on Friday and then we will get up early Saturday and make the drive to MCACN.
We haven’t booked a hotel planning to head back to Grand Rapids after attending the show.
Hopefully we can see everything in one day.

Oldss 11-17-2022 05:21 PM

Luv, No show expert by any means, but if you are driving in from Michigan and then back after the show you might want to follow what I’ve been doing for years and seems to work for me. I drive 2 1/2 hours in from Wisconsin and then back home after the show.
Get there early!
Make a hot lap of the entire show. Don’t stop at something that really catches your eye. Make a note of that car or exhibit and come back to it later.
After your hot lap (probably 2 hours), get something to eat and pull your notes out and go to those locations to spend as much time as you want.
This way you see everything there. Too many times that I’ve gone, I Lolly Gag the day away, then have to leave without seeing everything there.
You won’t believe what you see in one place in one day. The time and management that goes into the show is amazing. Everyone there is great and loves this hobby. A big thanks to all that put the time in!!