The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Day 2 67 Camaro restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161440)

Xplantdad 06-10-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg (Post 1502612)
I’ve hear mixed things about them. I don’t have any experience with them. I know it’ll be a choking point for this big inch motor but it screams the ‘70s and looks so cool. My builder told me they were the hot setup back then and were pretty normal to see at street races and cruises. If it worked then I’m sure it’ll still work good today.

From what I remember, they were good from about 1800rpm to about 5500 rpm. I surprised a few people othe street back then...LOL

Xplantdad 06-10-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg (Post 1502611)
My body guy enjoys the car too, like you said it’s different! I met Dave there a few years back, wish I could’ve spent more time with him. He was a real gem and will never be forgotten. His black L78 Nova is truly amazing. I understand his wife still has it. Loved his stories about his brand new 70 L78 Nova. I really wish he was here to see this one come together. I know he’s watching from a better place. Thanks!

You are correct...Dave is in a better place. His wife still has the black L78, It's amazing.

I will be following along...:headbang:

Chuck_Burg 06-10-2020 05:41 PM

Thanks Bruce! Hopefully you can see it in person when we're done!

Chuck_Burg 06-10-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplantdad (Post 1502818)
From what I remember, they were good from about 1800rpm to about 5500 rpm. I surprised a few people othe street back then...LOL

This stroker probably will peak out around 6k anyway so that's perfect. I put my faith in the engine builder, he has a ton of experience and some pretty accolades to say the least!

Xplantdad 06-10-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg (Post 1502822)
Thanks Bruce! Hopefully you can see it in person when we're done!

That would be great :)

Chuck_Burg 06-10-2020 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Being a Day 2 build I knew I needed to do something with the hood. The standard flat hood on my car is in great condition but I wanted something a little more "in your face" rather than something a little more "sleeper". I ended up with an OER Stinger hood. Overall we were very surprised with the quality of this hood! It fits very nice, especially after a little massaging. Looks killer with the hood pins. I was torn between this and something a little more "70s" like an "L88" hood but the stinger has always caught my eye!

jbtech 06-10-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg (Post 1502865)
Being a Day 2 build I knew I needed to do something with the hood. The standard flat hood on my car is in great condition but I wanted something a little more "in your face" rather than something a little more "sleeper". I ended up with an OER Stinger hood. Overall we were very surprised with the quality of this hood! It fits very nice, especially after a little massaging. Looks killer with the hood pins. I was torn between this and something a little more "70s" like an "L88" hood but the stinger has always caught my eye!

Fits like a glove!

markinnaples 06-11-2020 03:09 PM

I'm a huge fan of the L88 hood, but that Stinger hood looks great and probably fits the lines of a first gen better than almost any other hood except maybe a factory cowl induction. Loving the build.

Chuck_Burg 06-11-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markinnaples (Post 1502958)
I'm a huge fan of the L88 hood, but that Stinger hood looks great and probably fits the lines of a first gen better than almost any other hood except maybe a factory cowl induction. Loving the build.

Thanks! I have a steel cowl hood on my lemans blue 68 and I love it... Just seems like EVERYONE has one. This will be a little more unique. I definitely don't see many "Day 2" type Camaros at local shows, mostly pro touring type builds.

GrumpyJeff 06-11-2020 10:47 PM

Hood looks great! it appears to have the scoop duct already cut out ? do you have a Link for the Stinger hood Manufacturer ? ive been looking for a good quality Stinger hood for my 67 thanks