The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   COPO - United States (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Time to retire, time to sell ... 1969 COPO Camaro (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173270)

Lee Stewart 10-16-2022 12:58 AM

He's leaning towards BaT because he may not know the exact value of the car. He was asked early in the thread what he felt the value of the car is. He didn't answer.

To list a car on this site - you have to include a price. He knows he has a valuable car. He doesn't want to leave "money on the table."

no69x-44:

You may want to get an appraised value of your car before you put it up for sale. Then you will know what ball park you are in as far as price. What you think the car is worth and what it's actually worth may be two different numbers.

R68GTO 10-16-2022 12:14 PM

Hard to pin down a value on any particular car, especially rarer cars due to an almost infinite number of variables, including those not related to the car itself, i.e. overall economic conditions.
If you look at auction results history for the last several years on 69 COPO Camaros that sold, a general range is about $160K to $200K. There are certainly flyers that exceeded $250K, and a few that were in the $120 to $140K range.
Auction results are not a perfect gauge for value, but they do reflect what someone did actually pay for a car (unless the owner bought their own car back, which has happened with no reserve auctions).
Pick a number you'll be very happy with and list it on SYC! The actual market will be in touch with you through your PM's:grin:

EZ Nova 10-16-2022 01:34 PM

I agree, list here first! You will get PM's by members on price and you won't get dummys cutting up your car, like I did on BaT.

I didn't think my car was up to the caliber of what this site goes for, that's why I didn't list here. Also I think you will get MORE here than on the other site too. Yours is a desirable car and color combo and will get some good offers, if you haven't already.

Alisters 10-30-2023 05:02 PM

Sister copo camaro

Hi I have the brother car from Baldwin same car 69 camaro copo , cortez silver auto black interior the only difference is my 69 has a endura ft bumper my production date is 03/26/69 urs is 03/25/69 Jerry M , certified and appraised my copo and mentioned that there was a sister car to my Baldwin copo witch is I believe urs ! That’s really cool I got to find ur cortez silver Baldwin copo camaro , hope u get the most u can for it ,

1crossram 10-31-2023 12:40 AM

I listed a car on BAT. I found lead time to get vehicle listed was long. At my listing time there were other 67 Camaros listed same time for sale. Not that this would be a problem with your COPO. It is hit and miss. My car did not reach reserve. Would I list again on BAT? I'm not sure. I sold it on consignment which was scary in thought but actually easier in real life. Problem is this is not the best time of year to sell a vintage vehicle. Most sell in the spring for more money. Just my opinion.