The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Day 2 stuff-modified cars (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   69 Z/28 Day II Project (Air Force Brat) (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161639)

NorCam 10-06-2021 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napa68 (Post 1566029)
How long till that tranny is broke in?:3gears:

Wait...did you say broke in...or broken? LMAO:scholar:

DW31S 10-06-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCam (Post 1566060)
About 500 miles to do it right. Then dump the oil, and do with it as I wish...so I was told.

I have about 200 on it now, but in all likeliness...

I will have sold the car before it hits 500. :grin:

Who didn’t know that! LOL!

NorCam 10-06-2021 02:31 PM

Yup...David's buying in and getting back into the game. :beers:

I heard he needs something to mount all his Cragar sale stock onto for pics. LOL!

Chuck_Burg 10-07-2021 04:08 AM

You’re telling me I’m supposed to wait 500 miles before I beat on my autogear?? I don’t have that kind of self control… your car rules

big gear head 10-07-2021 11:56 AM

My M23 got beat on around the 2nd or 3rd drive. I've been dropping the clutch at 7000 RPMs with slicks and shifting with my right foot on the floor ever since. I had to go with Amsoil MTG oil because of a thrust bearing issue.

NorCam 10-09-2021 04:16 PM

You know...I spent three full days this week narrating video and prepping all the marketing materials and pictures to move this car along. Then I came back in here to read this thread... and then wham!

FULL STOP.

So, what then happened to the grand idea of selling it? Simple answer! One good look at this thread from the beginning. I wasn't 40 pages into this thread when I said holy crap man...there was some amazing work that went into this car. Realization...

The car cannot be sold! :no:

NorCam 10-09-2021 04:21 PM

Chas,

To be completely honest...there have been a few traction control tests performed while the car was being setup. :worship:

napa68 10-09-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCam (Post 1566573)
You know...I spent three full days this week narrating video and prepping all the marketing materials and pictures to move this car along. Then I came back in here to read this thread... and then wham!

FULL STOP.

So, what then happened to the grand idea of selling it? Simple answer! One good look at this thread from the beginning. I wasn't 40 pages into this thread when I said holy crap man...there was some amazing work that went into this car. Realization...

Smart man!

R68GTO 10-09-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

FULL STOP.

Whew! I was getting ready to write you off as a "flipper":wink:

Too Many Projects 10-10-2021 01:00 AM

Quote:

FULL STOP.

I couldn't believe it when I read you were already thinking of selling it. About time you pulled your head out and looked at what you have. TENS of THOUSANDS of people would give their left arm for a car that nice....:worship: They would need the right arm to shift...:grin:
Congrats on your decision to keep it..:biggthumpup: