The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   The BMW 507 Ultimate Build Thread!!! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149475)

A12pilot 01-29-2024 12:53 AM

Thanks, Steve! I’m probably going to get side tracked with a couple more projects shortly, but progress will continue!

Cheers
Dave

TimG 01-29-2024 12:56 PM

It looks great, Dave.....

olredalert 01-29-2024 02:09 PM

----As usual, just bitchin, Dave!....Bill S

A12pilot 03-24-2024 10:24 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Final bodywork starts today! After the 100 mile test drive, I've decided on what needs to be changed and will start ordering those parts.

I'm hoping June/ July for final paint. Been chatting with a few upholstery shops too and one is really excited about doing my car, but it's up in Connecticut. I'd rather have the car local to me (or at least in a short flight range) to check on things when needed.

Attachment 258461

Attachment 258462

Attachment 258463

Attachment 258464

Attachment 258465

Attachment 258466

More to come!!

Cheers
Dave

Z282NV 03-24-2024 10:14 PM

So what needs to be changed Dave? It looks perfect to me.

A12pilot 03-25-2024 12:46 AM

Hi Joe,

I wasn’t happy with the transmission shifter placement, so I’m swapping out tail shafts on the T5 to the Camaro version which will put the shifter exactly where it needs to be. Those parts are headed this way. Parking brake linkage and cable routing changed. Electric window regulators to allow me to make the door panel correct with the larger lower pockets. Changing cooling fans to swirl style (straight blades sound like a F5 tornado approaching!) Floor plenum ducts for the footwell heater/vents. Inner Door latches moved/new mechanism. Higher rate coils for the back. Rear convertible top well modified a bit for more top clearance. Hardtop needs to be massaged a bit on the forward edge. Drip troughs in the hood area trunk area, and door weather stripping retainer channel installed. I think that’s about it!:hmmm::biggthumpup:

:beers:
Dave

Too Many Projects 03-25-2024 12:51 AM

Are all those running changes going to be noted in the next edition of the AIM ?

big gear head 03-25-2024 12:51 AM

Your speedometer gear location might change when you change the tail housing on the transmission. BW made different main shafts for those transmissions for the different gear locations. I don't know which shaft you have and if the gear location will change or not, but just giving you a heads up so you won't be surprised.

Z282NV 03-25-2024 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1646757)
Hi Joe,

I wasn’t happy with the transmission shifter placement, so I’m swapping out
tail shafts on the T5 to the Camaro version which will put the shifter exactly where it needs to be. Those parts are
headed this way. Parking brake linkage and cable routing changed. Electric window regulators to allow me to make the door panel correct with the larger
lower pockets. Changing cooling fans to swirl style (straight blades sound like a F5 tornado approaching!) Floor plenum ducts for the footwell
heater/vents. Inner Door latches moved/new mechanism. Higher rate coils for the back. Rear convertible top well modified a bit for more top
clearance. Hardtop needs to be massaged a bit on the forward edge. Drip troughs in the hood area trunk area, and door weather stripping
retainer channel installed. I think that’s about it!:hmmm::biggthumpup:

:beers:

Dave

That is very smart of you to get some
miles on it before making the final touches like interior and paint. I can't wait to see it done like the rest of us following you on this journey. :biggthumpup: