The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Muscle car values and prices (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172581)

frankk 07-27-2022 08:15 PM

Muscle car values and prices

So where are we with muscle car prices and value. Have the prices settled down or are we still in that high spiral that started maybe 2 years ago. Just trying to get a grip on what reality is.

Late BrakeU2 07-27-2022 09:29 PM

There's still a ton of liquidity out there. While it''s not a barometer for muscle exclusively,Bring a Trailer is still getting record sales prices on a variety of cars. Give it another six months/ year and i think you will find sanity returning. All JMO

Bigbirdxx 07-28-2022 02:24 AM

Its high and unrealistic. Very similar to the housing market. In several months people may be more concerned with buying groceries and fuel to ho to work. That is a f they still have a job that matters.

carnut4life 07-28-2022 03:12 AM

While I don't disagree with the last two post, many of us on this site have been saying the same thing for the last 18 months and records are still getting broken every month. Since the past couple years have seen unprecedented highs I can't help but think the next correction will be unprecedented as well, but what do I know? As a purist, what completely blows my mind is the lack of concern for spending BIG money on built or fake cars with re-stamped engines and fake paper work.

frankk 07-28-2022 03:30 AM

I know for myself I am very, very hesitant to buy or sell anything these days

L72copocamaro 07-28-2022 04:00 AM

The market for cars will continue strong until buyers no longer have discretionary money. Fuel, food and the housing market are already feeling it. Recession is inevitable. However, the best cars will always have the best market value, regardless.

EZ Nova 07-28-2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankk (Post 1596689)
I know for myself I am very, very hesitant to buy or sell anything these days

WHY? even is things get terrible, it won't last decades. You only live one, so what the hell IF you can afford it, buy it. And if there getting good $$$ to sell something, why you hesitant to sell?

oldstv 07-28-2022 01:37 PM

I think the market for muscle will remain strong as long as the generations that love them remain strong. Take a look around at car shows, young people are not as interested as the older crowd is. I think we have a few more good years...

Crush 07-28-2022 01:52 PM

^^^^this. My sons appreciate older cars but much prefer more 90-2000’s Asian, turbos etc and I actually have come around to them as well!

markinnaples 07-28-2022 02:23 PM

I'm 55, so I guess I've been around a little while now - not nearly as long as some of you in here, and I respect that. To me, we're in a strange period that I don't think is the same as any time that I can remember. There's so, so much money out there and people are spending it fluidly. I'm not sure where it's all coming from, but it's there. Maybe people are inheriting it, maybe it's from the booming online economy over the last 10 years, but I don't know for sure. As long as there is a lot of money flowing, collector car prices will go up, even if it slows down and gains are more modest.
Interest rates rising will put a little of a damper on some sales since money isn't nearly as cheap as it was, and if the economy really tanks, so much so that there is a lot of job loss, that will really reign things in. Home prices are different, and a lot of that market is dependent on where you live. IMHO, strange, strange times.