The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar Reunion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Just my $.02 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150272)

kwhizz 08-12-2018 02:16 PM

Just my $.02

After attending the event this year I'll give my opinion...… As always, the Event is about the people getting together with common interest in the Muscle car era...…..Can't say enough about the time spent with everyone there...…… It's about the people with the cars in the background..... Now… In my opinion the most disappointing thing was the COPO Pete shootout...….I think the Shootout should be limited to the Supercar era cars that are basically stock with maybe a cam change...… I know everyone has their opinion and I'm just giving mine which doesn't matter...… But..... The theme of the event should remain as it was in the past...…..

Ken

livettes 08-13-2018 05:29 PM

Ken
On behalf of all of us who help put the Reunion together I want to let you know how much we enjoyed having you attend and Thank You for your support of the event. We also appreciate your input on any way we can improve. We discussed this issue at length in the meeting we have after the event and are working on the best possible solution.
Thanks, Jamie

61 vert 08-14-2018 12:34 AM

COPO Pete shoot out

I also want to thank everyone for their participation and support of the Supercar Reunion. As a participant on race day I was honored to have a chance to win the COPO Pete Shootout. Having a shootout at the end of race day is a great way to cap off a funfilled day. Yes, bragging rights come into play but on a very small scale. I can see Ken's point and understand his disappointment, but would like Jamie to answer a question I have. How many cars participated that would have met the qualifications that Ken has set forth. I can offhand think off only 3.
If a COPO only shootout is decided on I think it needs to include all COPO's. Stock or day 2 or racecar.
If that happens, then it would be nice to run a bracket race for non COPO cars with the 2 winners running a best of 3 reunion championship race at the end.
If your asking for 2 cents worth that's mine.

livettes 08-14-2018 01:24 PM

Andy
Congratulations on winning the shootout. I am sure Pete would agree, It could not have gone to a better guy.
Off hand I can think of 5 Supercars that participated in the shootout and at least 3 more that intended to but had issues that put them on the trailer. I know this does not sound like a big number but where else can you go and see even one Supercar making hard passes?
Your idea's are good and along the lines of what we are considering and trying to work out the details for next year. We want this to be about the Supercars but also fun for everyone who attends. Like Ken said it is all about the people.
Thanks, Jamie

sYc 08-14-2018 02:25 PM

Andy, Ken, thanks for your support of the event, and your input.

Copo_Cartel 08-15-2018 02:22 AM

Bracket race is the way to go ...so many of these cars are set up differently and we are not running NHRA rules for a particular class. The first bracket race class could be all Super cars only ...this honors the man ..COPO PETE. The second bracket race class could be all Non Super cars. The trophy needs to be awarded to a SuperCar as intended. Andy.. I like the idea of having a Reunion best of 3 champ

SmallHurst 08-17-2018 03:20 AM

Hello and thank you again to everyone who put this little shindig on.

As for ideas, I say leave it as it was or split it between slick tires and stockers... single elimination bracket race with the champ being crowned in a championship runoff.

Rob and I have probably had more opportunities to race with Pete and he loved all cars racing.. but had a soft spot for the Pure Stocks. I have spoke with several of the Pure Stock racers and they love the idea of racing for a trophy in Pete’s name. Let’s continue to let the trophy be about cars racing their ass off!!

nugeusa1 08-26-2018 12:52 AM

thanks to everone for their opinions on the shootout, lots of good thoughts. I just hope to have that old yellow copo of mine ready for next year. ive got a couple of novas in my crosshairs, 1 l78 and if I can pick him off, a certain Yenko nova next! whatever you decide to do ill be fine with, im looking forward to next year allready !!!!

cwc 08-26-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nugeusa1 (Post 1412811)
thanks to everone for their opinions on the shootout, lots of good thoughts. I just hope to have that old yellow copo of mine ready for next year. ive got a couple of novas in my crosshairs, 1 l78 and if I can pick him off, a certain Yenko nova next! whatever you decide to do ill be fine with, im looking forward to next year allready !!!!

Good luck with that,your gonna need it. Just Ask the guy in the hugger orange copo