The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   1970 Nova SS? Value and possible rare parts? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166989)

JM1972Nova 04-27-2021 02:35 AM

1970 Nova SS? Value and possible rare parts?

Hi guys. Im new to the forum. I have a slight dilemma. I have a Friend who wants a 1970 nova I have but wants it of course at a friend price. It is a project. Complete roller previous owner wanted the drive train (I tried to pay him extra and or trade him my own 4 speed and 350 to keep the numbers matching stuff but he wouldn't have it). Full bucket seat interior with woodgrain trim deluxe interior with rear arm rests...was a factory bucket seat 350 4 speed car. Has floor shift column. Has the trim around the windows and a l-88 scoop over the original ss hood with the tabs underneath for the louvers that are still there but hood is rusty. Cars original color on trim tag is under all of the ss parts and fender side grilles

It has a 12 bolt posi rear along with the factory rear sway bar setup. Has the front disc brakes with power brakes and power steering. The car has all of the SS markings such as the 3/8 dual fuel line, the dual exhaust plates on the rear frame rails, SS steering wheel etc. But no build sheet to prove any of that. (At least I never searched further than under the rear seat. I actually bought the car for the rearend about 18 years ago and it sat for a long time prior. But saw all of the signs it could possibly be real and let the car sit in my shop. It will need a drivers floor pan the rest are solid and the rear frame rails are good no rot. The trunk pan has some rust along with normal spots on door corners and lower front fender. It will need restored. I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out. But I was wondering if you guys could help me price this car. I will never get to build it like I'd planned and I don't want to get taken to the cleaners on the car though either (he always ends up selling stuff he gets from me for a profit because I give him a good deal because he swears he's keeping and not flipping.). He wants to pay me 1500 to 1800. I had paid more for the car back then I cant remember how much more exactly I think it was under 2500 if I remember correctly. I'd have to look in my records when I get back. I never got the title because my plan was parts but I'm almost positive the guy would give it to me as we still are in contact.

So how I found this forum was I was looking up the rear sway bar setup, I was trying to see the value of parts and one popped up on here and I saw some value in that information and figured I'd sign up and ask you all if I should sell complete or if I'd be smarter to part it out and if I should sell to the friend or if I should ebay the car etc ( I could use the extra cash to help finish up another project)... I understand if you can't help me, I know it's a sight unseen thing. I just read some stuff about the rear sway bar stuff was either rare or hard to get. I even tried to negotiate with him on letting me keep the sway bar setup along with the rear to get him the car cheaper but he said he wants that stuff too. Thank you for your time.

scuncio 04-27-2021 02:47 AM

Probably a 5-7000 car on eBay, without knowing anything else or seeing pics.

AnthonyS 04-27-2021 02:47 AM

Welcome. Post up some photos and I'm sure we'll be able to offer some advice, but honestly, that price he's offering sounds way low to me... and it sounds like you're already a bit weary of his intentions, so let's get a discussion going here. Where are you located would be a good start in addition to some photos...

Cheers,
Anthony

AnthonyS 04-27-2021 02:48 AM

Yes, I would guess that rear, if a factory posi and a popular ratio would be worth what he's offering... never mind the rear sway bar set up.

bbbentley 04-27-2021 03:35 AM

I’d like to find something like that. I have a 302 roller motor looking for a home.

bdk1976 04-27-2021 05:24 AM

Never understood what a 'friend price' is. If he's your friend he would offer more than $1800!

I agree with the above that the car is worth several times that.

Kayli69 04-27-2021 10:35 AM

The Nova 12 bolt is worth $1500+ all day by itself around here. Without seeing pics, I would say a fair price for the project is prob around $5000.

Please dont part it out if it is as salvageable as you describe. Someone will pay you a fair price and restore the car

JRSully 04-27-2021 11:27 AM

As those mentioned above, probably $4-5k in parts all day, especially the rear bar if its all there and original. I don't know if all the interior is 100% intact.? but there's a few bucks there as well, especially if the wood grain door panels are in nice shape, buckets and possible console are a + as well

WILMASBOYL78 04-27-2021 11:30 AM

Nova value...

As others have mentioned....don't part it out!

Post some detailed photos so we can help sort out the condition and value...

The 12 bolt with rear sway bar setup is very desirable....the other items including interior, disc brake sub-frame, etc. all add to the overall package.

If the car is fairly solid it should be worth 5k to 7500...maybe a little more depending on the overall condition and components.

Post the photos and we will see what you got...

-wilma

L78_Nova 04-27-2021 01:41 PM

Ummmm... If he's your friend I hope he was joking when he made his offer !
Some valuable parts there.