The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Warren Malkin Jr. (workinprogress) (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169282)

Steve Shauger 10-11-2021 12:13 PM

Warren Malkin Jr. (workinprogress)

Unfortunately we lost a true 1st gen Camaro enthusiast, historian and collector. He devoted much of his life to solving the many mysteries surrounding Camaro production, assembly, and components. His contribution and impact on the hobby can't be underestimated.

He was always willing to help others and when you needed a part# or wanted to know when that part revision was introduced he was the go-to guy. I met Warren 40+ years through the many Hemmings ads he placed, well before the internet. He was the man behind the scenes, shying away from publicity, and very private. As genuine a person you could ever meet.

RIP my friend you will be missed, but never forgotten.

X66 714 10-11-2021 12:22 PM

OMG, How sad. What a great guy, full of knowledge. Had some great conversations with Warren. If you've ever talked to or met Warren, you know he will be missed. Sorry Warren....Joe

Ls6 Ragtop 10-11-2021 12:34 PM

Beautifully said Steve, as many here probably know, Warren was one of my closest friends. He was a true car guy through and through. We had many adventures throughout the years, road trips,
and most recently got him to attend the last 2 MCACN shows with me. I will truly miss him...

scuncio 10-11-2021 12:45 PM

This is such sad news. I had a few great conversations with Warren about rare Camaro parts and always learned something from him.

SS427 10-11-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ls6 Ragtop (Post 1566810)
Beautifully said Steve, as many here probably know, Warren was one of my closest friends. He was a true car guy through and through. We had many adventures throughout the years, road trips,
and most recently got him to attend the last 2 MCACN shows with me. I will truly miss him...

Sorry to hear about your friend Chris. I know you two were very close and you spoke of him often in our conversations. SO glad you were able to get him to MCACN. Warren was indeed a great enthusiast and very knowledgeable person and helped me numerous times. He will be greatly missed. RIP Warren.

William 10-11-2021 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also became acquainted with Warren via Hemmings in the '80s. We were like-minded, only interested in 1969 Camaros. Still have correspondence from him, carefully noting features of the many rusty cars he parted out back in the day. Learned a lot from him.

Finally met him at MCACN 2018. Walked and talked for hours. Incredible depth of knowledge, always wanting to learn more.

Godspeed Warren. Your shoes will never be filled.

Xplantdad 10-11-2021 04:59 PM

So sad. Lots of good folks have passed lately. Thanks for letting us all know, Steve...and also thanks to everyone for sharing their memories. Those will never go away :beers:

Postsedan 10-11-2021 06:11 PM

Steve,

I very nice tribute. Very sad news....RIP Warren.

Dan

16 Grand Sedan 10-11-2021 06:19 PM

Thank you Steve for opening this discussion.
The hobby has lost another Great Person.
I first met Warren from the old Hemmings days. He always had ads looking for rare stuff.
A friendship started when he became the owner of a #480 distributor that I had originally found out here in Ca.
He was full of valid information and history to share.
While we know him for his Camaro endeavors he had the same passion in the world of clocks and watches.
Godspeed Warren

1967Z28 10-11-2021 07:07 PM

Warren was reserved but a really great guy. I'm so glad I finally got to meet him in person at MCACN and spend more quality time with him than just over the computer. I've known guys who were rabid, knowledgeable '69 Camaro enthusiasts but Warren topped them all. He had an encyclopedic memory for anything related to those cars. Rest in peace, Warren. You are truly missed.